Two PhD positions @ The Materials Center Leoben
Topic: Synthesis and characterization of lead-free perovskite thin films for energy storage applicationsm (Reference-n°.: MCL_144).
Topic: Sol-gel synthesis of perovskite thin films – Structure-property relationships of relaxors – High energy density ceramic capacitors.
Funding: European Union (ERC- Consolidator)
• Academic degree (master equivalent) in chemistry, chemical engineering or materials science
• Previous experience in thin-film deposition using sol-gel techniques
• Interest and experience in advanced characterization techniques (XRD, SEM, TEM, AFM, Raman)
• Scientific curiosity, team skills, self-initiative
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
Place: Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH, Roseggerstraße 12, A-8700 Leoben
• Synthesis of thin films based on barium titanate solid solutions using sol-gel techniques
• Use of characterization tools to study the growth process
• Setup of advanced Raman spectroscopic methods to study the nanoscale polar order
• Measurement of energy storage properties of thin films
• Interaction with partners in the field of atomistic modelling
• Presentation of results at international conferences
• Writing of scientific articles for peer reviewed journals.
Deadline and Duration: A permanent employment, with start in April 2019 and a gross monthly salary of € 2.794,60.
complete application documents by post/email.
Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH
z.H.: Priv.-Doz. Dr. Marco Deluca
Roseggerstraße 12, A-8700 Leoben